August 8, 2008

UPDATE

Apologies for slacking on my posts! My interview with a very well known non profit went very well. Let's hope they liked me as much as I liked them.

Groom and assorted family members and I went to volunteer at Feed My Starving Children in Aurora, IL for two hours. Their major partner is Cargill so they have another location in Minnesota. Along with a whole host of others, we packed enough food to feed 32 children for ONE YEAR. Groom stocked the big tubs that the teams used to pack the individual bags. I helped by putting labels on each bag before they were filled. It was a very rewarding experience to physically measure out soy, rice, chicken & dried vegetables then seal and pack into boxes and know that it will go to aid other mission agencies feed children around the world. We plan on going back and becoming more involved with the organization as our schedules and lives permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment